Home » Posts tagged 'enterprisearchitecture'
Tag Archives: enterprisearchitecture
Are you suffering from “Digital Fever” ?
- Not happy with your existing AS-IS enterprise landscape and offerings
- Want to have all the new trends and technologies in your TO-BE landscape and hit the market before your peers do so
- Want to get a all new fresh feeling of the business and change everything overnight with a push button or a magic wand
- Want to make better application customers experience in every possible way
- Make everything possible with minimal impact to the wallet/revenue
- Need all HIGH values for Operation Efficiency, RoI, Productivity, Customer Experience , Performance, User Base and everything else except for the Cost to Transform
Hang On!! ….You are not the Only One 🙂… its pretty common these days. It is a perception driven syndrome, that gets aggravated with hype and the buzz words. Sit Back with a pen and paper and dot down what exactly you needs, how it will be helpful, whom it is targeted for, is it inline with company’s vision and then map it with what is available in the technology stack to address it.
The word “Digital” is getting contagious day-by-day. And on a lighter note, it has become a Universal Prefix 🙂 . Every enterprise, business and society as a whole is getting smitten by it in some form or the other. And BPM is no exception here. The veterans and the newly mushroomed ones in the BPM Arena everyone is trying to package and offer some feature or the other as a part of the Product Kit – that will help customers in their vision of Digital Enterprise/Journey.
In addition to piggy-backing on the features provided by the BPM stack,every Enterprises and Business needs not just envision but at the same time assess/validate the enterprise’s ground reality:
- What they really want as a part of Digital Enterprise?
- What Digital means to them? (perception and needs differ)
- What they are getting into?
- What they are loosing and what they will gain?
- Is the RoI justified?
- Is it inline with the Business Focus areas and enhancing Customer Experience
- …and many more!
In order to access and justify from a Digital Transformation Investment standpoint, it can be bench-marked and validated against the Core DNA of Digital BPM. Following is a highlight of the areas/features BPM can be collaborated with to help business and enterprises to leap forward in their Digital Journey. This is not an exhaustive list – but will get enriched as new technologies and trends are out in the wild.
Core DNA of Digital BPM
- Extreme Business Flexibility & Agility
- Constant Innovation & Radical Thinking
- Extreme Automation & DevOps
- Real Time & Direct Customer Engagement
- Data Driven – using Actionable Insights/Analytics (+making sense from the unstructured data)
- Proactive to Risks & Security Issues
- Device Integration via IoT/Wearables
- Social Media, Cloud and Mobility Adoption
- Business Process re-engineering & optimization
- Workforce Profitability (BYOD)
- Cognitive Computing / Machine Learning / Artificial Intelligence
- Machine to Machine Communication
- Developing Self-Healing Processes
- APIfication (leveraging the API layer)
- ….and many more!
Digital BPM can be defined as a BPM discipline that leverages digital capabilities and disruptive technologies to transform Business processes in the Operations as well as IT arena for achieving Business Objectives
Every adoption of the Digital Levers should have a justified Business Usecase in the enterprise landscape and must be backed up by an Assessment Report.
Digital BPM Transformation is a journey and cannot be considered like the old Onida TV Ad punch-line – “Neighbor’s Envy Owner’s Pride”
Digital BPM Transformation should always defined with the boundary conditions “Existing Enterprise Architecture” | “CPQ – Cost-Pace-Quality Factor” | “Customer Experience” | “Business Strategy/Needs“
Digital BPM does not advocate “RIP & REPLACE” Approach across the enterprise, instead for speedy GTM (Go To Market) Strategy and reaping early business benefits “WRAP & RENEW” Approach can be adopted (by building wrapper services around obsolete/legacy systems)
Digital BPM Transformation should rather harness/leverage Disruptive Technologies than Disruptive Thoughts
Impact and Business Benefits of adopting Disruptive and Digital Levers:
- Enhanced Customer Experience (Right Service at the Right Time for the Right Customer at the Right Place and via the Right Channel)
- Security, Risks and Compliance
- Revamped and New Business Models
- Improved Operational Efficiency
- Workforce Productivity
- Leveraging cutting-edge technologies
— Pritiman Panda (@PritimanPanda) February 22, 2015
— Setrag Khoshafian (@setrag) July 31, 2015
— Pritiman Panda (@PritimanPanda) July 16, 2015
— Jaisundar Venkat (@BouncingThots) September 15, 2015
Please feel free to provide your feedback and enrich it with your view points and thoughts.
Interesting Read Articles/Blogs on Digital Transformation/Journey:
- Disrupting beliefs: A new approach to business-model innovation – by McKinsey
- BPM at the Crossroads: Digital vs Rapid Development – by Jim Sinur
- What is your Perspective on Digital Business – via Forrester Blogs
- Customer Centric IT – What it is all about – by Dr Rama Kanneganti
- Consumerization of IT – what it is and how it impacts you – by Dr Rama Kanneganti
- Putting Digital in Perspective – by Jai Sundar (Interesting viewpoint – Digital is understood better if we know What is NOT Digital)
- Digital Transformation: Sometimes | Maybe | Absolutely via Forbes
- 7 Steps to Digital Transformation – Marketing Infographic
- The 2014 State of Digital Transformation
- How Important is BPM to the Digital Enterprise? – via BPM.COM (forum question by Peter Schoff)
- How disruptive will social networks be to business processes? – via eBiz.net Forum
- The Emerging Digital BPM Economy – Slideshare / NasscomBPM
- The Future of Business Process Management
- Entarch view of Digital BPM
- BPM gets a Digital Makeover
- Improving BPM – Blogspot (interesting articles and slideshares)
- Digital Enterprise – by Pegasystems (eBook is a Nice Read)
- A BPM -Powered Digital Enterprise – by Pegasystems
- Process Automation Key as Digital Transformation Takes Hold Among Utilities – by Appian
- Gartner BPM Summit 2015: Digital Humanism and Case Management
- Vital Trends in Digital & Social – Slideshare
Happy Reading!! 🙂
(As a part of the “DigitalBPM” series, will discuss/blog in detail on the collaboration between BPM and latest digital trends/drivers from a business standpoint (IoT, Machine Learning, DevOps, etc etc))