Home » Events
Category Archives: Events
IBM had organized a workshop on CAMS @ Bangalore in June 2014. The Agenda of the event was to share the roadmap, vision and offerings from IBM stack perspective w.r.t. #Social #Mobility #Analytics (BigData) and #Cloud.
These buzz words have been coined and marketed differently by multiple organizations :
- IDC refers to it as the 3rd Generation Platform (1st being the age of Mainframes and the 2nd being the age of PC and Internet)
- Gartner refers to it as the Nexus of Forces
- Geoffery Moore refers to it as System of Engagement
- Few Organizations also call it as SMAC.
- IBM uses the term CAMS for the same.
The workshop was mostly targeted for a technical audiance with a showcase of IBM’s CAMS offering.
The take-away from the workshops was the understanding of the buzz words from a business scenrio standpoint and a list of tools IBM has and the ones IBM acquired in the recent past, as an offering for CAMS (cloud, analytics, mobility and social). In a nutshell from a personal front a bunch of tools under the IBM umbrella to map the Cloud, Analytics, Mobility and Social capabilities.
There were a lot of use cases and videos shared as a part of these sessions – which was helpful to link the buzz words with a business scenarios or pain-points. The DevOps flavor was also added to these 4 key drivers.
To name a few tools :
- Cloud – The PaaS offering from IBM is IBM BlueMix
- Analytics – The Bigdata and Analytics offering from IBM is IBM Watson Foundation
- Mobility – The Mobility offering from IBM is IBM Worklight
- Social – From a Social front it was more from a Capability and Point of View(PoV) – for Smarter commerce/workforce/ciries leveraging all the IBM stack of products
The reference architecture for each of these stacks were also covered as a part of the sessions.
On a personal note, now its time explore, harness and evaluate these tools!! from a business scenario fitment perspective 🙂
Reference Links :
- IBM’s Mobile Offering
- IBM’s Cloud Computing Offering / Marketplace
- IBM’s Analytics/BigData Offering
- IBM’s Social Business PoV and Solutions
- Nice Read : SMAC and the Evolution of IT
— Pritiman Panda (@PritimanPanda) June 23, 2014
Happy Learning!! 🙂
Here is an interesting link for DevOps Events calendar worldwide round the year – compiled by lanyrd.com
Conferences and events in India
Please do share any useful calendar or event list for forthcoming devops events.
Happy Reading!! 🙂