There is an interesting discussion initiated by Peter Schooff @bpm.com
Does Digital Transformation Begin with Process Transformation?
Digital Transformation Journey begins with the “Wake-Up Call” for Business:
• The current system has too many challenges to deal with
• The Legacy systems are getting next to impossible from a maintenance front
• Tough to get the specific skillset of developers in the market – for age-old technologies
• Our revenues are getting Hit YoY – time to rejuvenate our platform
• Our peers and competitors are making us run after money – need to do a complete fish-bone analysis of the system
• Are our systems future-ready & well equipped to adopt the nextGen technologies?
•……..and many more!!
Next, follows the :
- Envisaging the Business Model & Target Architecture (vision)
- Defining New Operating Model
- Process Optimization or Re-engineering Techniques (Process Transformation)
- Fitment Analysis (Wrap-&-Renew or Rip-&-Replace Model)
- Digital Technology Relevance/Mapping (strategy, compliance & regulatory)
- Implementation of the Changes
- Realizing the Re-Incarnated System (claiming Digitally Enlightened or Digitally Transformed)
At each and every stage mentioned above the C-P-Q factor (Cost-Pace-Quality) is validated to take appropriate decisions.
A detailed & insightful article on the transformation journey (by Dr Alexander S):
Happy Learning!! 🙂
Image source: link