A very nice read – interesting article.
The day I heard about this new “Facebook acquiring WhatsApp with a tagged price of huge $19 Billion”, some of the questions that confused me were :
- Why such a big price for an app which is just 4years old ?
- Is it beacuse of the big userbase which WhatsApp has ?
- Is it beacuse of the fear that the competitor Google will acquire it ?
- Is it because of the underlying technology stack ?
- If it is for the technology stack – then Facebook has a bunch of great minds who can create a similar App in a limited span of time ?
- What is the underlying Technology stack and user-base strength that made WhatsApp so lucrative ?
- Is FB the 1st company to go with this offer or WhatsApp was already approached with a similar offer in the past ?
Happy Learning!! 🙂
Image Source : http://blogs.earthlink.net/tag/online-shopping-cart/
Note : Image edited (no offence meant – just for highlighting the info)