Here are a few Definitions of BPM – “Business Process Management”
( Image: ddpavumba / FreeDigitalPhotos.net )
- BPM is a discipline for improving and redesigning business processes from an outsider- in perspective spanning-people, system and organizations.
- BPM is a management practice that provides for governance of a business process environment toward the goal of improving agility and operational performance.
- BPM is a structured approach employing methods, policies, metrics, management practices and software tools to manage and continuously optimize an organization’s activities and processes
A Layman Person’s point of view!!
- BPM is an approach to manage processes in the organization to gain efficiency and agility.
- BPM is an approach about Identifying, Defining, Executing, Controlling, Monitoring, improving, optimizing and Governing Business Processes in an organization.
- It considers End to End Process perspective….Cross functional View….Process Centric Organization….Aligning Business Strategy with IT.
- Business Process is a set of coordinated activities and tasks conducted by both people and equipments that will lead to accomplishing a stated business objective or policy goal within the given context.
Happy Learning!! 🙂