Here you go!!… Checkout the nice read Article (by Timo Elliott) that gives a quick Highlight of the Hadoop – the baby-elephant , BigData and our very own Enterprise Data Warehousing (EDW) Products!!
It talks about
- the current depth and penetration of the Hadoop Concepts,
- the current market capture from an organizational perspective
- how to use in relation to the traditional BI and EDW Products
- and, most importantly does Hadoop and BigData (which are at a very immature state compared to EDW and Relational DBs ruling for decades) solve all our problem in the data front!!
- Quoting from the article : “if we consider what’s called the 3 ‘V’s of the data challenge: ‘Volume, Velocity, and Variety’ (and there’s a fourth, Validity), then traditional data warehousing is great at Volume and Velocity (especially with the new analytic architectures), while Hadoop is good at Volume and Variety.””
MapR is considered to be the Next Generation Distribution for Apache Hadoop
Some Really Nice Discussions on the “hadoop” and “bigdata” buzzzz!!
McKinsey & Company Report :
Forrester Blogs :
- Hadoop: Is It Soup Yet?
- Hadoop: When Will The Inevitable Backlash Begin?
- Hadoop: Future Of Enterprise Data Warehousing? Are You Kidding?
- Hadoop: What Is It Good For? Absolutely . . . Something
- Hadoop: What Are These Big Bad Insights That Need All This Nouveau Stuff?
ComputerWorld News!! :
DATAVARSITY is also a nice portal rich with resources, training materials and discussions in the Data Arena!!
Happy Learning!! 🙂